Friday, July 10, 2015

A Farewell and a Cool Story


Our friends Patty and Pete are heading to California, and we are so sad to see them go. They were some of our first friends here in Minnesota, and we have had many wonderful times together through the years. We will miss our dinner club events and all the great conversations we have had together. And we will miss their kiddos, some of our kiddos first friends as well. But we are so excited for them and all that is in store for their family! So to celebrate, we headed out for one last dinner together at 320 Northeast.


How did we find this place? Well, let me tell you. When we bought our new house, we had to sell some furniture items, including our dining table, that wouldn't work in our new space. I advertised the table on Craigslist and, like all items I sell there, I always go check out the interested people on Facebook before I invite them to my home to get the item. When a guy named Matt inquired about the table, I went directly to FB to see what he looked like, etc, and I discovered that he was a chef. I told Brad that some chef named Matt was coming to possibly pick up our table and thought that was it. Oh no. When Matt arrived, Brad of course asked him if he was a chef and where, and then proceeded to tell him that I had looked him up on Facebook! I was a little embarrassed to say the least, but then he and his wife Megan told us about their awesome dinner club concept and how they were purchasing our table to use in their space to serve their dinner club guests. What a cool idea! I just knew we had to go there at some point, and when two of our cherished dinner club friends told us they were moving, I knew this would be the perfect way to send them off! One last dinner together at our table, only this time made by a real chef and served to us while we relaxed and enjoyed our time together.


Now let me tell you about this place. It might not look like much, but it was just so cool. They have rented a space in this old building and have a complete kitchen set up with a pretty dining area where our table is the shining star. They source all their ingredients, do their own canning and preserves, and make absolutely everything from scratch. The food was utterly delicious. That menu was to die for! The cocktails were perfect, the roasted pork literally melted in my mouth, and the mulberry pie with berries picked from a park down the street?! Too fun! Everything was farm fresh, local, and just amazing. And other people are finding out about this very fun place and wanting to try it out, too. Since they only serve dinners one evening per week, you have to make reservations the second they publish the dates. People are loving this concept, the food, and meeting new people for an evening of fun all around our old dinner table. I just love that. So when you come visit, let me know and maybe we can take a little trip back to 320 Northeast and have dinner at our old table once again.

No comments: