Sunday, September 13, 2015

Renaissance Fest

Ok, seriously, this might be my most favorite day of the whole year. Call me crazy, but I am crazy about the Renaissance Festival! And I could not wait to get there this year, particularly since it had been two years since we last visited. Emme was in my tummy that time, so this were her first festival, and I was equally excited to see how she liked it. The kids couldn't wait to dress up and check it out! Plus, it was my birthday and an absolutely gorgeous day, so it was destined to be a good time.

brody (our king) emme (sweet baby fairy) leyton (woodland fairy) and callan (the brave knight)
I never knew when I bought these adorable wings how much wear we would actually get out of them. Not only did she wear them for a photo shoot and her Halloween costume last year, but they went perfectly with this hand-me-down velvet dress to turn her into the cutest little renaissance fairy you ever did see.


Mr. Leyton worked very hard on his costume, and it turned out great. He also wanted to be a fairy and thought his purple velvet shirt from his dance recital would be the perfect top. He borrowed a headband from Emme and made his wings (with a little help from Daddy.) He got numerous compliments on his wings throughout the day and was super proud of himself.



Emmeline LOVED the mermaids. She kept saying "more mermaids" for the rest of the day after visiting these ladies.



She also loved the fairies. Well, we actually all did. They are so magical.




When the king and queen walked past, Brody just had to go say hi since he was a king visiting from some other kingdom. They were happy to meet us and pose for a picture.

And, of course, we had to go find Twig, MY very favorite fairy. She had a meet and greet session in her shop, so we waited in line to sit with her and listen to her play the flute for us. I love her.

We always enjoy the shows, the games, and the food. This year was the first time Brody tried out this water bucket game. He got soaked.


I also tried fencing for the first time this year. Two things I learned: 1) The outfits are stifling and I thought I might barf from the heat. 2) Fencing is hard work.

I am not used to wielding a sword at my oldest son's head. It was fun but I was relieved when it was over. At the end I just wanted him to pop my balloon so we could be done. I was so tired. We tied. I think I'll let Brad fence with him next year.

Another great visit to the MN Renaissance Festival! Counting down the days until next year!

No comments: