Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Birthday Party Playdate


We had an awesome birthday playdate in the park to celebrate Cal's 5th birthday. I was not super excited or interested in planning birthday parties this summer, which is really unlike me, but the longer I put it off, the more I realized that it just wasn't going to happen this year. I didn't want to just let the day pass by without doing something special, however, so I was super pleased when all of Callan's preschool friends were able to meet up this afternoon and celebrate this special little dude.

Callan saw this cake at Costco and that was it. The great thing was that since we had a dinosaur party for him a couple years ago, I still had some plates and napkins lying around that I could use that fit the theme perfectly. And contrary to what I've done in the past, all you really need for a group of kiddos is a tub of popcorn and potato chips to keep them fed and happy. And cake. You must have cake. :)


Callan was truly the happiest little guy around with all his buddies there. It turned out to be the perfect party for him, and I couldn't be happier at how easy it was to put together and how much fun everyone had. Proof that you really don't have to go all out to have an awesome birthday!

cal & avery
I let Brody be the photographer for most of the day. It was fun to see the pictures he shot and the different perspective. I think he did a great job!

barrett, tatum, cooper, & leyton
tatum, leyton, cooper, & harper
happy birthday boy
time to sing!
make a wish!
birthday boy & his bros
the party guests!
emme & drew...future love connection?
What a fun afternoon spent with good friends making fun memories. Hope you loved your birthday party, Cal!

No comments: